Universal Fans Information and Policies
- Our Approach
At Universal Fans, we pride ourselves on being specialists in the field, and getting it ‘right the first time.’ Whether you are after one fan or ten, we are happy to spend the time to help find the best option for you both functionally and aesthetically.
If you’re able to come down to our showroom, we’d love to show you your options in person. However we are also experienced in advising customers all over Australia and even overseas, so don’t hesitate to call or email us for help from further away. We carry most of our products in stock and we offer reasonable freight rates and fast service.
What sets us apart is that in addition to our pre-purchase service, we are committed to post-purchase service. We will be happy to help you after you have bought with any questions you have about installation, any accessories you might need, help resolving any warranty issues and other information or advice you may need.
In addition to selling direct to the public through our showroom and phone/emails sales, we have a wonderful e-commerce website available for you to make your purchases online, anytime, from anywhere!
- General Disclaimer
At Universal Fans we are committed to having an accurate and informative website, so that you can do a lot of your research in your own time. However the information provided is only of a general nature, and therefore should not be interpreted as advice for a specific purchase. As outlined in ‘Our Approach’ we are committed to helping our customers choose the right product – so please let us know of any questions or specific requirements you have.
Please note that our advice in any given situation is based on the information provided by the client, therefore we can only accept responsibility for the advice to the extent that the information provided to us is complete (all relevant issues raised) and accurate. We also recommend checking any technical or location specific requirements with your electrician prior to purchasing.
- Image Disclaimer
To aid our clients in their search for the right product, we provide images of our products on our website and in email correspondence as much as possible. Please note that although we endeavour to provide images that are as clear and representative as possible, there will sometimes be slight variations in colour due to different screen resolutions, slight changes to manufacturing finishes over time, and slight differences in the actual product colour and the colour the photograph is able to capture. In addition, to a particular person a fan in an image may look different in the ‘flesh’ and once it is installed in situ as it may be hard to imagine due to the size ratio, the angle of the images etc. We are not responsible for these differences, except in the event that the image is substantially different to the product – which will usually mean either the image was the incorrect image, or the product has a substantial design difference from the image.
- Overseas orders
As a specialist store, Universal Fans is unique in its range and expertise for ceiling and exhaust fan products. Therefore, we have assisted clients all over Australia and in many other countries including New Zealand, Singapore, Fiji, Bali and more. These sales range from one ceiling fan to 300 for resort projects – see our projects page for more details.
If you are overseas and in need of our products, please give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
We are able to provide shipping quotes (both air and sea) and GST exempt prices.
Please keep in mind that we don’t sell clearance or discontinued items overseas or sell parts/accessories only overseas. Whilst we will attempt to assist you with your order, in some cases we may reject overseas quote requests at our discretion. We are unable to accept returns for change of mind reasons for overseas orders, please see our overseas orders page for further information.
Important – All our products are 220-240v.
- Checking orders upon delivery
Upon receipt of your order:
- Immediately check your items (using the information on the box where possible) against your shipping document to ensure there are no missing or incorrect items. Please note that in some cases we may pack several items in one larger box. If you are unsure about an item, please contact us.
- If you do find you have a missing or incorrect item, please contact us as soon as possible, and we require notification within 7 daysfrom when the items were delivered.
- Once we have confirmed there is a problem, we will rectify the issue by organising a swap or replacement product to be sent. We do not issue refunds for missing or incorrect items.
Important – Once a product has been unpacked, assembled or installed we consider the client has accepted the product as the correct product and we will therefore be unable to exchange or replace the item at our cost. Nevertheless, we will always work hard to resolve any issues.
- Missing/Incorrect/damaged items
If you find you have a missing, incorrect or damaged item, please email the sales assistant that assisted you within 7 days or receiving your delivery or picking up your order. Alternatively, please email: email@example.com
If you have any questions please email or call us on 03 9095 6933, however claims for missing/incorrect and damaged items MUST be made in writing.
Please include as much information as possible including your order or invoice number, your name and address, the item that is missing/incorrect/damaged and any evidence you have (e.g. a photo of the damaged or incorrect item.)
As soon as we have received this information, we will investigate and rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Important – Missing, incorrect and damaged items will be rectified with a replacement ONLY (and where appropriate we will organise to ship incorrect or damaged products back to us).
- Faulty products and Warranties
In addition to your consumer guarantees, all of our products come with express manufacturer warranties. The advantages of these warranties are that:
- The manufacturers normally have dedicated warranty departments that can help installers with anything they are unsure of while installing the product.
- The manufacturers have replacement parts and items readily available and can get them to you directly, which usually means faster!
- For ceiling fans (and some other products), all our fans come with manufacturer express ‘in-home’ warranties, which means that where appropriate, the manufacturer will organise a service agent to bring the replacement parts to you, and to do the testing of the faulty product and the replacement on the spot. This means you have no out of pocket expenses, and you only need to make the one warranty claim, and not organise anything else!
Important – If you have had your ceiling fan installed and believe it is faulty, please contact us or the manufacturer immediately and DO NOT remove the fan. If the electrician is still at the premises, ask them to call the warranty line for trouble shooting assistance.
You may therefore prefer to use the direct manufacturer warranty service to handle your warranty claims, however please note that you are not obliged to do so and may forward your warranty claim to us for assistance at any time.
- Change of Mind Policy
At Universal Fans we work hard to make sure we supply the right product for every customer. We do understand however, that we all change our mind sometimes for various reasons, so in the event a customer changes their mind we may accept customer returns*, provided the following conditions are met:
- All requests for Change of Mind Returns MUST be made in writing within 14 days from payment (where a deposit is paid, this is the date of payment). This includes when items are on backorder, if they are being delivered etc.
- All product boxes must be undamaged and unopened, and all items must be in original packaging and must not have been installed, plugged in, tested, or used in any way.
- The customer will be responsible for any freight costs in returning any items.
- If the customer received free shipping, the real cost of shipping will be deducted from the credit.
- If all conditions are satisfied, the following options will be available for the Change of Mind return:
- a) full store credit; or
- b) refund with a 20% restocking fee applied.
Please note that there are exceptions to the Change of Mind Policy:
*The following orders are not covered by this policy and no returns will be granted:
- Orders of 5+ items (does not include accessories).
- Special order items (including, but not limited to, extension rods 1m+, Cinni Milano AC fans)
- Orders which are shipped internationally.
The option for a refund for change of mind will not be available where the order total exceeds $1,000.